- What personal data we collect from you on this site;
- What we do with the information we gather
- Who we share your data with
- How long we hold onto your data for
- How we ensure your privacy is maintained; and
- Your legal rights relating to your personal data.
What personal data we collect from you on this site
When you register your interest for a news article/for an event we collect the following information:
- Your name and email address (compulsory)
- You may also wish to enter your telephone contact details and any additional comments (optional)
When you register for a Wellbeing Champion account we collect the following information:
- Your username and contact email address (compulsory)
- You may also wish to enter your name, telephone number, work position, address, brief bio and an image of yourself (optional)
What personal data does this website collect using cookies
The Information Advertising Bureau provide in-depth information about cookies. Their website at www.allaboutcookies.org also tells you how to remove cookies from your browser.
When users enter the Employee Wellbeing Ltd website their computers will automatically be issued with 'cookies'. Cookies are text files which identify users' computers to Employee Wellbeing Ltd.'s servers. The website then creates "session" cookies to store some of the preferences of users moving around the website, e.g. retaining a text-only preference. Cookies in themselves do not identify individual users but identify only the computer used and they are deleted on departure from the website.
Many websites do this to track traffic flows, whenever users visit those websites. We use third-party cookies in this way to measure use of the website including number of visitors, how frequently pages are viewed, and the city and country of origin of users. This helps to determine what is popular and can influence future content and development. For this purpose, Employee Wellbeing Ltd uses Google Analytics to measure and analyse usage of the website. The information collected will include IP Address, pages visited, browser type and operating system. The data will not be used to identify any user personally.
Users have the opportunity to set their computers to accept all cookies, to notify them when a cookie is issued, or not to receive cookies at any time.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular, for the following reasons:
1. Monitor usage
Logged in Wellbeing Champion activity and cookie-related information will be used to monitor service uptake and inform and improve our work and services. This information will be used to generate usage reports.
2. Register your interest for a news article / for an event
Information provided when you register your interest against a news item or to sign up for an upcoming event will be used to communicate your registration to the news /event article author.
3. Setup and secure your Wellbeing Champion account
All of the personal data we collect from you on this site is collected to allow you to create a Wellbeing Champion profile, secure your account login details, and provide you with the ability to add content to the site.
4. Inform you on updates and improvements
When permission is granted we may use your information to contact you by email to promote updates to the site, as well as keep you up-to-date with local health and wellbeing information. We will never share your contact information with any other organisation unless we are required by law to do so.
Who we share your data with
If you log in using your company generic password
We will generate usage reports containing general website traffic information (using google analytics reports). This information will be shared with the site administrators within your organisation. This data is anonymised. No individual user will be identifiable from these reports.
If you registered your interest for a news article / signed up for an event
Information provided when you register will be shared with the author of the news item / organiser of the event to help them respond to your registration. You can withdraw your interest by contacting the author of the news item / organiser of the event.
If you log in as a Wellbeing Champion
We will use your account information and site activity to generate the following reports,
- Event reports - which will include the following: event name, event author, event date, number of registrants.
- News reports - which will include the following: news item name, news author, post date, number of registered interests.
- Wellbeing Champion activity reports - which will include the following: name, email address, registration date, training date, number of news items, number of event postings, number of registered interests/ sign ups, next planned activity and date.
This information will be shared with the site administrators and senior management within your organisation.
How long we hold your data for?
We will hold your Wellbeing Champion account information for as long as you have an active account. Closing your account (by choosing the ‘delete my account’ option on the ‘edit account’ screen) will permanently delete any personal information we hold regarding your account.
How we ensure your privacy is maintained
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to reduce the risk of unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. For example:
- Employee Wellbeing Ltd configures new and existing hardware to reduce vulnerabilities and provide only the functionality and services required.
- We deploy appropriate password security procedures and 'rules' for information systems. For example, we limit the number of failed logins to 5, with a lock-out time of six hours, and provide password strength feedback to encourage strong passwords. All passwords are encrypted, no cleartext passwords are stored on the server.
- We keep our software and server up-to-date and apply the latest security patches in order to prevent the exploitation of technical vulnerabilities. We have installed malware protection software which regularly scans our computer network to detect and prevent threats.
- Employee Wellbeing conducts daily back-ups of its UK-based servers, using a two-day retention strategy, to help restore information in the event of disaster.
Your legal rights relating to your data.
You have the following rights in relation to data collected on this site:
- The right to ask what personal data that we hold about you at any time (if you are a Wellbeing Champion you can also access this information by logging in to your account)
- The right to ask us to update and correct any out-of-date or incorrect personal data that we hold about you free of charge (if you are a Wellbeing Champion you can update your personal information by logging in to your account)
- The right to have any personal data about you deleted.
- If you wish to exercise any of the above rights, please email your request to our Data Protection Officer Robert at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you registered your interest for a news article
Information provided when you complete the above registration form will be shared with the author of the news item to help them respond to your registration. You can withdraw your interest by contacting the author of the news item.
If you sign up for an event
Information provided when you complete the above registration form will be shared with the organiser of the event to help them respond to your registration. You can withdraw your interest by contacting the author of the event posting.